Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Happiest Mothers Day !


Hanging out at the campground today and not expecting to see much more than a few family reunions and Mothers Day picnics but that was not the case !  Within the state park is an old farm that was once a working and self sustaining complex called Penn Farm. We walked around it just for the heck of it, thought we would get some exercise !




We were driving back to our campsite when we noticed some tents....off we went and there we discovered a 250 mile charity bike run from Austin to our campground.  Proceeds will go to the Children's Hospital in Dallas.  Anyway, we got to see the bikers cross the finish line ! Now this is at noon and its already in the 90's here, so I can only imagine how happy these riders were to see that finish line and get to that buffet in the tent ! 



Hope everyone had a great day....tomorrow we are moving south...through Waco and on to College Station !  Have a great Mothers Day !  I know I am...I got the most wonderful messages today, one in particular and I am on top of the world !  Not to mention having Joe and Henry cooking for Linda and I all day...I love this !  xxoo TML