Monday, June 20, 2011

Hello South Dakota !


We arrived to cloudy skies and some light rain but our campground is going to be just great !  We have arrived in Rapid City, South Dakota.  We made a couple of fun stops along the way ! Enjoy  TML

DEVILS TOWER
You will remember this from the movie Close Encounters Of The Third Kind, where aliens communicated with Richard Dreyfus through music.  Anyway, we were there today and learned this is actually a volcano that kind of went dormant before it could erupt !  Very cool, huh?




STURGIS
My Uncle Ed told me over the last 5 years that if he could beat his cancer, he wanted to take one last trip to see a friend in Tennessee and to Sturgis.  Today we came through Sturgis, which is where they have a huge Motorcycle Rally each year....the entire town seems to be painted in Harley Davidson colors !  Anyway, I am dedicating this post to my Uncle Ed, who passed away earlier this year, because he would have liked knowing that I had gone here and I am sure he would have lots of stories to share with me from his many trips here.  This is Sturgis !